Tri-County Action Program, Inc. is soliciting a Request for Proposal (RFP) for Weatherization Contractors to provide Weatherization Services to Income Eligible Households in Stearns, Sherburne, and Benton counties.
In order to assist us with these projects, we are currently soliciting for:
Residential General Contractors:
– Install attic and wall Insulation
– Air Sealing
– Window/Door weather stripping
– Minor carpentry, wall patching and patching
– Diagnostic testing
– Clean and Tune Furnaces
– Diagnostic testing
– Repair/Replace Furnaces & Water Heaters
Please download the Request for Proposal from our website https://tricap.org/ or call and we can mail the RFP to you
320-251-1612 or 1-888-765-5597.
Deadline for submission is March 5, 2021
The Energy Conservation Programs provide services to reduce residential energy consumption for income eligible households.
Energy assistance recipients are eligible. If your total household income before taxes is equal or less than 200% of federal poverty guidelines, you may qualify.
1. How do I get on the list for weatherization?/How do I apply for weatherization?
a. Once you apply for the Energy Assistance program, we will determine if you qualify for weatherization. If you qualify, you will be put on a waiting list.
2. When will I receive weatherization?/How long will it be before I am called to receive weatherization?
a. We cannot predict a time period to receive weatherization. Once you are placed on our waiting list and we get to your name on the list, we will set up an energy audit. It is important that you continue to apply for the Energy Assistance program each year in order to remain on the list if we have not called you yet.
3. What kinds of work does weatherization cover?
a. We can do tasks such as insulating, weather-stripping, caulking, pressure diagnostics and HVAC work.
4. Does weatherization provide work on doors and windows?
a. Generally, no.
5. Is there a lien put on your property if the weatherization work is done?
6. How much does weatherization cost?
a. There is no cost to the homeowner/renter for the work done. However, the owner of the property may have a fee depending on the contract that has to be signed before weatherization can be done.
7. Do you have homes for sale?
a. We occasionally have homes available for purchase. Please check our listing on this website to see if there are any current homes for sale.
8. Who do we contact for more information or to purchase a home?
a. Call Tri-CAP at 320-251-1612 or 888-765-5597.
Sign up for our newsletter.