Energy Conservation Program

The Energy Conservation Programs provide services to reduce residential energy consumption for income eligible households.

The Weatherization Assistance Program services include:

  • Energy retrofit audits with blower door and pressure diagnostics
  • Weather-stripping
  • Caulking
  • Attic, sidewall, foundation and water heater insulation
  • Furnace cleaning and/or modification
  • Consumer education

Income eligibility guidelines:

Energy assistance recipients are eligible. If your total household income before taxes is equal or less than 200% of federal poverty guidelines, you may qualify.

Weatherization FAQs

1.  How do I get on the list for weatherization?/How do I apply for weatherization?

a.  Once you apply for the Energy Assistance program, we will determine if you qualify for weatherization. If you qualify, you will be put on a waiting list.

2.  When will I receive weatherization?/How long will it be before I am called to receive weatherization?

a.  We cannot predict a time period to receive weatherization. Once you are placed on our waiting list and we get to your name on the list, we will set up an energy audit. It is important that you continue to apply for the Energy Assistance program each year in order to remain on the list if we have not called you yet.

3.  What kinds of work does weatherization cover?

a.  We can do tasks such as insulating, weather-stripping, caulking, pressure diagnostics and HVAC work.

4.  Does weatherization provide work on doors and windows?

a.  Generally, no.

5.  Is there a lien put on your property if the weatherization work is done?

a.  No.

6.  How much does weatherization cost?

a.   There is no cost to the homeowner/renter for the work done. However, the owner of the property may have a fee depending on the contract that has to be signed before weatherization can be done.

7.  Do you have homes for sale?

a.  We occasionally have homes available for purchase. Please check our listing on this website to see if there are any current homes for sale.

8.  Who do we contact for more information or to purchase a home?
a.  Call Tri-CAP at 320-251-1612 or 888-765-5597.



Sign up for our newsletter.

Read What's Going On