SNAP Benefits

Tri-CAP can provide information about the state run SNAP program (formerly known as Food Support and Food Stamps). We provide applications and assistance in completing applications. The counties administer the program and will confirm if a person or household qualifies for benefits or not. Make sure to check out the Resources page for information on additional food resources.

You can have more money for food by applying for SNAP benefits.

If you answer “yes” to any of the following questions, you may be eligible to receive SNAP benefits.

  • Do you or anyone who lives with you receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI)?
  • Do you or anyone who lives with you receive General Assistance (GA) or Minnesota Supplemental Aid (MSA)?
  • Do you receive either Transition Year Child Care or Basic Sliding Fee Child Care assistance (CCAP)?
  • Do you participate in the Diversionary Work Program (DWP) or Work Benefit (WB) program?
  • Is your monthly income below the income amounts listed?
1 $1,718
2 $2,326
3 $2,933
4 $3,541
5 $4,149
6 $4,757
7 $5,364
8 $5,972

*Income guidelines are updated each year. These guidelines are October 1, 2019- September 30, 2020.


If you are 60 years of age or older and your income is limited but more than the amounts listed, you still may be able to receive SNAP benefits.

For more information or to receive an application or assistance in completing an application, call Tri-CAP at 320-251-1612.


Additional Resources

The following are available for
everyone, NOT income based:


Sign up for our newsletter.

Read What's Going On